Happy Monday, friends! I’m excited to start off the week with some incredible recipes and reads from the past week. It’s been a busy few months that’s for sure. Dane and I have been spending a lot more time outside of the city and unplugging. It’s made such a difference in my life already, so I’m sticking with it. That said, I’m still able to spend time reaching blog posts and finding some gems for you all to read.
Today is another recipes, round-ups and Q+A post. This is where I showcase some interesting links from around the web, throwback to some old posts of mine, answer your anonymous questions and highlight some yummy recipes I find on the web!
Around the web:
- How low calorie dieting can impact your fertility. A lot of my clients need help with this after years of dieting.
- How to overcome food comparison— GREAT read.
- I’m SO excited for Halloween and I’m making these cute cupcakes!
- New Trader Joe’s staples and how to use them.
- If you don’t make these balls, you’re crazy.
How to drink and stick to your fitness goals…
Why you need to pack these healthy snacks for your next trip!
Ask me anything:
Ask your questions here!
Q: Could you please how you suggest incorporating alcohol into macro counting. Do you count it as a part of your macros for the day?
A: Great question! So, alcohol isn’t a macronutrient, but each gram of alcohol contains about 7 calories. For my clients who are tracking macros and whenever I have a fitness goal and start tracking macros, I recommend the following:
To do this, split the alcohol calories into two, divide one half by 4 for carbs (4 calories per gram carbs), one by 9 for fat (9 calories per gram fat) and take those numbers and subtract those grams from your macros (so you are using alcohol to replace some fat and some carbs. Example: 1 glass of wine= 120 calories. 120/2=60/4= 15g carbs and 60/9= 7g fat. So one glass of wine will count for 15g carbs and 7g Fat!
On This Fit Chick:
What I want to eat right now:
- Chunky Monkey Protein DONUTS!
- These moist looking pumpkin pancakes!
- These parmesan brussel sprouts– YUM!
- No bake chocolate crunch cups for dessert!
- This Fall salad looks heavenly!
Now you tell me…
What’s your favorite travel snack?
Which would you choose: a hot dog or a burger?
What’s your favorite Fall dish or ingredient?