Happy Monday! Hope you had a wonderful weekend. My weekend included some drinks while watching the Warriors game Friday (Go Dubs!), a Giants game and birthday dinner on Saturday and brunch on Sunday!
Today, I’m back for another recipes, round-ups and Q+A post. I’ll showcase some interesting links from around the web, throwback to some old posts of mine, answer your anonymous questions and highlight some delicious recipes I find on the web!
Around the web:
- It’s not the body I asked for, it’s the body I have by Georgie.
- Akansha discusses the three most important challenges in her wellness journey.
- Lindsay always does an amazing food prep post every week, here’s this week’s food prep!
- Looking to cut the excessive cardio in your routine? Here’s what you should be doing instead.
- Foods I eat almost everyday to stay happy and healthy!
Ask me anything:
Ask your questions here!
Q: Is it better to do an early morning workout on an empty stomach, or should I eat something first?
As a trainer, my answer is yes, you should have something with protein and carbohydrates before you workout. As a normal person with a busy schedule, my answer is if you can’t eat before, that’s okay and you will be fine! I workout at 5am, so I don’t usually eat beforehand, but I make sure to eat a hearty breakfast right afterwards. The reason it’s good to eat beforehand is because you might get a better workout out of it since you will most likely have increased energy levels from the food, however, if you can still workout just as well and it’s more convenient for you not to eat, then don’t. You will still turn out just fine!
On This Fit Chick:
What I want to eat right now:
- Brittany’s Coconut Almond Granola!
- Lee’s Sweet and Sour Meatball Skewers…
- Kelli has rounded up a healthy meal plan for the week and I want it all!
Now you tell me…
What did you do this weekend?
Do you eat before a workout?
What’s your favorite kind of meatball?