Happy Hump Day! I know I usually do these posts on Monday, but I just got back from a wonderful 4th of July weekend in Tahoe where I unplugged. It’s the perfect getaway spot for a long weekend and I’m fortunate that it’s only a short drive from SF. What did you do this weekend?
Today, I’m back for another recipes, round-ups and Q+A post (two days late!) This is where I showcase some interesting links from around the web, throwback to some old posts of mine, answer your anonymous questions and highlight some yummy recipes I find on the web!
Around the web:
- Robyn is killing it on her blog and she has another great post on why your weight doesn’t matter.
- Love Gracie’s post on why doing something is better than nothing.
- Kayla wrote a great post on things she wish she knew before working out! (similar to my 4 lessons learned throughout my fitness journey)
- Anne gathered up some great tips on weekday breakfasts!
That’s me enjoying a Gin and Tonic from Belotta in San Francisco!
Ask me anything:
Ask your questions here!
Q: What are some of your favorite treats?
A: I love this question because while I showcase a lot of healthy things on this blog, I certainly love to indulge in treats! Some of my favorite treats are cheese boards, chocolates (truffles, Reese’s, dark chocolate bars filled with fun things like caramel!),wine (pretty much all white wine… I love wine), sliders, bar snacks like cheese balls, grilled cheese bites etc, tortilla chips, fun cocktails like these ones and pizza/flatbreads! Once thing I want to mention is that I don’t binge on these foods because I allow them into my diet. I used to struggle with binge eating because for so long I would restrict myself from foods so when the opportunity came to eat them, I would go all out to the point of feeling ill. It’s so important to find a balance with your diet so that you don’t fall into that trap. It’s a horrible cycle, but you can break out of it and I love seeing my clients get out of it once we start working together!
On This Fit Chick:
On my blog: I shared some healthy things I do and some not-so healthy things I do!
On my Instagram: I can’t stop eating this protein packed POPCORN!
On my Twitter: I’m currently craving this swordfish dish right now…
What I want to eat right now:
- Gina’s S’mores in jar!
- Chrissa’s Skinny Grapefruit Moscow Mule— super refreshing for summer BBQs!
- I’ve been dying to try Socca and Rachel has a delicious Socca Chickpea Flatbread recipe for you!
- Loving these cute patriotic oats from Kath!
- Roasted Artichokes with Cashew Aioli? YES!
- Davida always comes up with delicious recipes and this spiralized zucchini mac and cheese is no exception!
Now you tell me…
What are some of your favorite treats?
What is your favorite summer BBQ dish?
S’mores: YAY OR NAY?