Happy first day of May! Can’t believe we’re entering summer already. Spring is flying by! Today, I’m taking inspiration Franziska and doing a similar series that she does called, Top Three. I’ll showcase some interesting links from around the web, throwback to some old posts of mine, answer your anonymous questions and highlight some delicious recipes I find on the web!
Around the web:
- I’m drooling over Kelli’s round-up of Mexican inspired recipes— great for Cinco de Mayo this week!
- If you’re in need of some dinner inspiration, Lexi has you set with these delicious and healthy meals!
- Absolutely loved this post from Alexis on food trends, fads and the uproar surrounding them– she always keeps it real and honest.
- Cardio on an empty stomach? And more fitness questions answered on Ashley’s blog this week!
- Tina put together 5 workouts for you to try this week (in easy printable format to save!)
- Thanks to Lee for putting together a huge list of places to shop for athletic gals!
- I’m human too and I love indulging in yummy foods and drinks. Here are some scenes from my life outside of fitness that you don’t always see!
- If you’re struggling to stick to a fitness routine, here’s how to organize your fitness lifestyle.
Ask me anything:
Ask your questions here!
Q: How did you start your online fitness coaching business?
A: I started it after I got my personal training certification, but I didn’t just start selling workout programs and customized coaching right away. I actually had a fitness blog for a while and once I got certified, my followers started requesting workout programs from me. I wrote up some programs, tested them out with my friends and family and after getting amazing feedback, I added to my blog and created an e-commerce site for my workout programs and coaching services. I definitely didn’t start out knowing the real direction I was going to go in, nor did I know what I was doing, but over time, I got more comfortable, I found my voice, my niche and everything started falling into place. My best advice for you is to start a blog, find your voice and get yourself out there. Create lots of great content and keep going even if you feel as if you have no idea what you’re doing. You got to just take the plunge and start somewhere- we all started from somewhere, right?!
Q: Why do you recommend weight training when you’re trying to lose fat?
A: The reason I focus on weight training in my programs is because when you build lean muscle, your metabolic rate increases, so you’re burning more calories (at rest) and thus can get leaner and lose weight. By weight training, you are also increasing your chances of losing fat, not muscle when you are in a caloric deficit, so instead of just doing cardio to get that deficit, you want to do weight training because you don’t want to lose a lot of your muscle.
On This Fit Chick:
On my blog: My post on Zucchini recipes got some great feedback. If you missed it, you can catch up here!
On my Instagram: One of the best things I ate while in Sonoma the other weekend!
On my Twitter: I share a lot of old posts on Twitter, so you can catch up on those!
What I want to eat right now:
- Anne’s jackfruit carnitas recipe! Who knew you could use jackfruit this way?
- Thin Mint Protein balls? YES, PLEASE!
- Peanut Butter Protein Buckeyes— because peanut butter is life.
Now you tell me…
Do you like this weekly round-up and Q+A style?
What’s your favorite nut to bake with?
Favorite workout clothing brand?