Let’s get one thing straight.
The models gracing the covers of Shape, Fitness RX and Women’s Health are pretty damn hot.
No, wait, hot doesn’t even cut it.
- How she looked that way,
- How often she worked out,
- What she ate and when,
- How much she ate,
- How much she worked out,
- What workout clothes she wore.
- Fitness girl 1 does fasted cardio… so, I should do that.
- Fitness girl 2 doesn’t eat carbs after 7pm… so, I should do that
- Fitness girl 3 does that booty workout she posted on her Facebook page yesterday… so, I should do that.
- Fitness girl 1 has a low carb wrap with egg whites and spinach for breakfast …so, I should do that.
- But wait, Fitness girl 3 has oatmeal and egg whites for breakfast…so, now I should do that?
- But then Fitness girl 2 doesn’t eat grains… so I shouldn’t have the oatmeal and egg whites?
- Fitness girl 3 just posted on twitter about how she doesn’t do cardio… so, maybe I shouldn’t do cardio, but Fitness girl 1 does, so maybe I should!?
- This vicious cycle can be stopped
- It may take more time for you to realize that this is a vicious cycle and that it does suck
- Find people you trust in the industry
- Read their stuff (this takes time and yes, lots of effort, but if you’re reading this, you know it’s worth it)
- Be patient- changing your lifestyle is setting you up for life. Think you can do that in a week? Didn’t think so.
Stop trying out new diet/workout techniques every day because you saw someone doing it yesterday who looked great.