Do you ever just feel like utter crap?
I sure do sometimes.
And sometimes this feeling lasts for weeks!
So, how can you cope with it? How can you stay motivated? How can you keep hitting the gym when all you want to do is cuddle in bed all day?
Well, I sure don’t have all the answers, but I do have some tips that may help you during these unfortunate times…
1. Write down how you feel. Just write. I know, it sounds silly and you’re probably thinking to yourself “what a waste of time, Carrie. That’s just silly”, but trust me, it works. Here’s an idea of what I mean…
“I’m so mad. I did terrible on my exam, I got practically no sleep last night and I feel disgusting. I just want to go to bed, throw a pillow over my head and sleep for the rest of my life. This sucks. This totally sucks. I don’t want to go to the gym. Ew. Gross. Goodbye”
Yes, it sounds silly, but getting it out helps sometimes. It clears the head and allows the positive thoughts to trickle in. P.S. The above example is true and happened to me one day!
2. Put reminders in your phone. Leading up to my photo shoot and bikini compeition, I had three reminders each day on my phone that went a little something like this…
“Stay motivated, Carrie! Think confident, lean and happy on stage! Think of Jamie Eason and Amanda Adams- you want to be a model like those two one day!”
This technique helps a TON. You are constantly reminded of your goals, so there is no excuse to get off track.
3. Hang photos of your inspiration around your room. For a while, I had pictures of my favorite fitness models to motivate me for my photo shoot. Seeing them everyday reminded me of my goal. Warning: Be careful who you choose for inspiration!
4. Tell a friend. Whether it be a friend or a family member. Tell them your goal/s! They may not understand or get it, but friends and family are there to support you no matter what. Telling someone keeps yourself accountable. Better yet, blog about it, post about it on social media. Why do you think I post so frequently on my Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts? Because it helps me stay motivated!
5. Every night list the positve changes you’ve noticed since starting your plan. It’s easy to be hard on yourself, so focusing on the good will help you stay motivated. Does your arm feel stronger? Does your body look leaner? Are you feeling happier? Are you adding muscle shape to your body? Write these down! Allow yourself to feel proud.
6. Talk to me! I want to help you achieve your dreams. Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or by email. Don’t be shy, seriously!
How do these sound? Try one, try all! Keep this list, so you can refer back to it when you are feeling de-motivated.
Hi! I'm Carrie. I'm a student, online trainer and personal trainer, but enough of the boring stuff. I have an absolute passion for fitness, but it hasn't always been that way. I struggled with body image and tried my fair share of fad diets and short term fitness trends. The fitness world is confusing, overwhelming and down right silly at times. I am here to help girls focus on the important stuff and learn how to get a lean and toned body without endless hours of cardio and low calorie diets. Don't be shy and say "hi!" to me! I'm usually sweet, unless you steal a scoop of my protein powder ;)