Hi friends! I know, I know I haven’t been blogging as much lately, but I’m still here. It’s been hard to stick to a consistent schedule, so for now, I will pop in when I can and when I want. After all, blogging isn’t much fun when you feel like you have to force yourself to put something out there.
Moving on… 2018 is right around the corner and I can’t believe it! 2017 has been quite the year, so I’m going to recap some of my favorite memories and moments as well as send you off with some words of wisdom for 2018.
- I redid my website with a completely new design!
- I got real and deep on my past history with sexual abuse, disordered eating habits and depression.
- I gave you a lot more cooking inspiration with Cauliflower, Chickpeas, Zucchini and Pumpkin.
- What weight lifting will teach you…
- Hard lessons I learned throughout my long fitness journey.
- Wrote out an ENTIRE weight lifting getting started guide for you!
- I went to the Caribbean and had the trip of a lifetime!
- Broke down my healthy and not-so healthy habits !
- Explained how counting macros and counting calories is different
- Got certified as a Fitness Nutrition Specialist!
Now, what you should focus on in 2018….
Let yourself go a little
- I’m definitely one of those “need to be in control” kind of gals, so when I don’t have a plan of attack or have control of the reigns, anxiety tends to creep up. 2017 was definitely a year of letting go for me and I’ve never been happier. I challenge you to let go of one thing that you tend to hold onto in 2018. Whether that be your control of the tv show, control of your dinner menu/meal, control of the full day’s plans– just let it go. Let things flow, be spontaneous and enjoy not knowing what’s to come. Just do this once a week and see how it makes you feel!
If you haven’t already, fall in love with yourself
- When you love yourself, you don’t have to worry about anything coming in your way because you trust that you will handle it and get through it. While it will take time and patience, loving yourself is going to stick with you for the rest of your life and every single day, month and year will be exponentially better because of it.
Find your definition of “healthy”
- Back in the day, “healthy” to me meant I had to follow the current eating fads like eating low carb, keto diets, low fat diets etc. Those days are way behind me. To me, healthy means having a happy balance between food and exercise in your life. This means that food and exercise don’t define you and they don’t affect your mood and behavior. Instead, food and exercise enhance your life so you feel the best you can be! I love to eat healthy and nutritious meals, but I also love to drink wine and cocktails and eat burgers and chocolate chip cookies.
Now you tell me…
Best thing you ate in 2017?
One goal you have for 2018
New Years Eve Plans: Stay in or Go out?
And with that, cheers to you all! Bring it on, 2018!